Your privacy and data security are important to us. This policy oversees the way in which “we” (Pricecheck Toiletries Limited) and (Pricecheck Brand Partners BV), collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users of the Pricecheck website, customers and suppliers. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
1. What information we collect and how it will be used
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you have an open account with us or when we feel there is a legitimate business interest between our two companies. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity data (includes name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender)
- Contact data (includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers)
- Financial data (includes bank account and payment card details)
- Transaction data (includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us)
- Technical data (includes IP address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone settings and location, browser plug in types and versions, operating systems and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website)
- Profile data (includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses)
- Usage data (includes information about how you use our website, products and services)
- Marketing and Communication data (includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences)
The information is used to enable us to run our business and manage the relationship between yourself and us as effectively as possible.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to, most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you,
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We use your contact information to send transactional communication via email. This could include confirming purchases you’ve made, arranging delivery of orders you have placed, providing customer support regarding queries, responding to quote requests and product queries. We will also use the phone information that you have provided for this as well. We will retain your account information for as long as we continue to resume an active business relationship. After a reasonable period of inactivity, we will delete all personal identifiable information on the account. If this is not possible, for example in the event of details of an account relating to that of a sole-trader which could reveal personal information, we would then anonymise the data.
We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access our website. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers. We use this data to analyse how people are using our website and to offer a better service dependant on the device you are using.
Security & Functionality
We will use the information you have provided to us to market our products which we believe may be of interest to you. We will retain the information regarding your preferences for a period of two years. If we don’t hear from you over the next couple of years, you will be removed from our marketing email shots. In the meantime, you can control whether you want to stop receiving these communications by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any of these emails.
We may obtain supplementary data from other publicly available databases. Examples include linking a LinkedIn profile against your contact record, obtaining company information from company’s house and undertaking a credit check for due diligence. We use this information to expand on the data we’ve already collected to analyse the accuracy of our records and to ensure we are offering relevant products to you.
Careers and Job Applications
If you are applying for a job, we will use the data from your CV and cover letter to make decisions on your application. We do not use automated decision making (including profiling) in our recruitment processes. Your data will never be stored outside of the EEA. If you have been unsuccessful in an application for a career with us, then once a period of 6 months has passed after the closing date of the vacancy, we will remove all copies of your CV and cover letter from our system.
When you make a request for a credit account, we will ask for the following proofs of ID:
- Driving license
- Passport & Proof of address
We use this information to verify your identity to prevent fraud.
If we refuse credit we will delete this data immediately. If we do issue you with a credit account we will store details of your name, home address and DOB and remove all scanned copies of the proofs of Id and address. In the event that debt collection is required, this data may be shared with third parties in order to help recover the debt.
2. How we share information we collect
We do not sell on your data to other providers. We do utilise different cloud-based systems which means the storage of your data isn’t always hosted from Pricecheck’s main office address listed in the Contact us section. However, third party checks are always completed to ensure they have a strict GDPR policy in place.
Third parties we use
- • Mailchimp/Mandrill – We use this to send both transactional and marketing material. We only share necessary contact data with them. Information on Mailchimps GDPR journey can be found: MailChimp - GDPR.
- • Klayvio– We use this to send both transactional and marketing material. We only share necessary contact data with them. Information on Klayvios GDPR journey can be found: Klayvio – GDPR
3. How we store information we collect
Information storage and security
We use data hosting providers in the EEA to host the information we collect. All third-party providers are carefully considered and assurances provided that your data remains secure, including verification of widely accepted standards and regulations (for example, ISO27001).
We enforce strict internal security measures to ensure only the required individuals have access to your data. Combining this with strict password, dual factor authentication and geo-restricted access policies ensures we keep your data as secure as possible.
4. How you can control your information
The data we hold is yours. You have a number of rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act (DPA). You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing or object to processing.
Request we stop using your information
In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don't have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe we have gained personal information about you which you have not given consent towards, you can request the we delete this information.
Opt-out of communications
You may opt out of receiving marketing material from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email. Once you do this you will no-longer receive any product offers from us. Even after opting out of marketing emails you will still receive transactional emails related to any orders you have placed.
5. Other important privacy information
If you feel that we have not complied with the requirements of GDPR or the DPA about your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office (www.ico.org.uk), we would however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the fist instance..
Last updated: 10/10/2022.
6. Contact us
Your information is controlled by Pricecheck Toiletries Limited. If you have any questions or concerns about the way we are handling your data, please get in contact.
Old Colliery Way
Phone: +44 (0) 114 244 0887